Dermaseal Cream 20gm
- Dermaseal Cream 20gm is a topical skin product that is used as a protective coating for mild skin irritations and abrasions. It can promote the healing of chapped skin and diaper rash. Zinc oxide works as a mild astringent and has some antiseptic properties.
- Dermaseal Cream 20gm is commonly used to prevent or to treat diaper rash by forming a protective barrier between the skin and the diaper. Moderate concentrations (e.g., 15%) are usually used for prevention and maintenance of diaper rash. Higher concentrations (up to 40%) may have absorptive properties and are usually used for treatment of diaper rash.
- This medication is normally applied to the affected areas several times daily on an as needed basis. Be sure to wash the affected area with soap and water and dry thoroughly before applying zinc oxide.
- To treat diaper rash, zinc oxide is normally applied at every diaper change until the redness disappears. To prevent diaper rash from occurring, zinc oxide is normally applied daily. For best results, be sure to change your baby’s diaper frequently and keep the area clean and dry.
- It is important that this medication be used or given exactly as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue