Information about Cipcal D3 Granules
It is used to treat and prevent Vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It helps in the proper growth and development of bones and keeps the bones and joints healthy. It also increases the absorption of calcium from the intestine. Vitamin D3 is also known to help maintain adequate levels of two minerals essential for bone health, calcium, and phosphorus. It also enables the body to preserve bone health.
Cipcal D3 contains Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) which is a fat-soluble vitamin. It helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus found in food and supplements. It is synthesized within the body after exposure to sunlight and is essential for many important functions of the human body. Sunscreen, protective clothing, limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin (high melanin content), and age may prevent getting enough vitamin D from the sun, thus leading to Vitamin D3 Deficiency. Vitamin D3 in Cipcal D3 is also important for calcium absorption in the body.
It is available commercially in the form of sachets containing granules of cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3). Each sachet of Cipcal D3 weighs about one gram and contains 60,000 international units of cholecalciferol.
Cholecalciferol IP (Vitamin D3): 60,000 IU (International units)
Key benefits/uses of Cipcal D3 Granules:
- Treats Vitamin D3 deficiency
- Improves Vitamin D3 levels in the body caused by inadequate absorption of Vitamin D3 by the digestive tract (due to conditions like Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and cystic fibrosis)
- Assists in building and keeping the bones & teeth strong
- Improves bone density, aids in the treatment of symptoms such as bone pain and back pain
- Helps to maintain bone function and mitigate pain in the legs, ribs and joints
- Reduces fatigue/stress and increases resistance against infection
- Helps to build your immunity and helps you fight various bacterial and viral infections
- Improves the level of Vitamin D3 in people with fat malabsorption whose intestine fails to absorb fat from the diet
- Helps improve muscle pain caused due to lack of Vitamin D3 in the body
- Aids in the regulation of several neurological and metabolic pathways by acting on Vitamin D receptors in the brain tissue
- Used as a health supplement for patients with diabetic complications and cardiovascular diseases
Direction for use:
- Tear open the sachet.
- Pour the powder into a glass and then add water.
- Drink the mixture.
Quick tips for Cipcal D3 Granules:
- These supplements should not be taken on an empty stomach or in between meals. To ensure optimum absorption, take these supplements as directed.
- Vitamin D3 supplements may interact with some medications. For example, corticosteroids can reduce calcium absorption, which results in impaired Vitamin D metabolism. So, inform your doctor about the medications you are taking.
- For effective results, it is wise to consult your doctor who will weigh the pros and cons of the medicine and then recommend the right dosage and type of supplement.
- The deficiency of Vitamin D3 can be fixed by increasing your Vitamin D intake either through diet or through sunlight and supplements.
- In case you miss a dose of Cipcal D3 Granules, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of Cipcal D3 Granules:
Although rare, levels of Vitamin D can exceed normal limits in the body. It usually happens due to an overdose of Vitamin D supplements. As the levels of Vitamin D in the blood becomes high, the free Vitamin D can cause an increase in the absorption of calcium from the digestive system, causing the levels of calcium in the blood to increase as well (hypercalcemia). In severe cases, it can lead to kidney failure and artery calcification (hardening of the arteries due to calcium deposition).
Safety and storage information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Use under medical supervision.
FAQs related to Cipcal D3 Granules:
Q. What is Cipcal D3 Granules?
It contains Vitamin D3 which is a fat-soluble vitamin. This vitamin is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus from food and supplements. Vitamin D is generally produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight.
Q. What is the best time to take Vitamin D3 capsules?
Though Vitamin D3 capsules can be taken with or without food, these capsules are best absorbed when taken orally after a meal. Ideally, Vitamin D3 supplements should be taken along with the largest meal of the day or with milk.
Q. Can Vitamin D3 capsules have side effects?
Vitamin D3 capsules are safe when taken as advised by the doctor. However, an overdose of Vitamin D3 can be dangerous as increased levels of Vitamin D in the blood can result in increased absorption of calcium from the digestive system. As a result, even the calcium levels in the blood increase (hypercalcemia). In severe cases, it can lead to kidney failure and artery calcification (hardening of the arteries due to calcium deposition).
Q. What happens if Vitamin D3 levels are low?
Lack of Vitamin D can make you prone to numerous health complications such as osteoporosis, infections, allergy, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular disease, tuberculosis, depression, and even cancer.
Q. What are the signs and symptoms of Vitamin D3 deficiency?
In most cases, the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency are subtle which is why most people do not realize they are deficient in Vitamin D. If you have low levels of Vitamin D, you might be more prone to infections, suffer from bone pain, and experience muscle pain. They may also feel tired/fatigued, depressed, and also suffer from hair loss.
Q. Is 60000 IU Vitamin D safe?
Vitamin D deficiency can be easily corrected by taking Vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D deficiency is usually corrected by giving the person oral 60,000 IU per week for 8 weeks followed by a maintenance dose of 60,000 IU per month.