Information about Caripill Tablet
Caripill tablet contains Carica Papaya leaf extract which contains the enzyme papain. Papain is proteolytic, meaning that it digests (non-living) proteins. This enzymatic preparation improves digestion in general and has also been used to treat less serious digestive disorders like bloating and chronic indigestion. Papaya leaf also shows promise as an aid in combating ulcers. The softening and disintegrating qualities of papain with an alkaline combination can aid in the treatment of dyspepsia.
Papaya leaf is used to increase low blood platelet count in Dengue fever and Chikungunya. Low platelet count means that the blood possesses too few thrombocytes or specialized blood cells called platelets. These cells play a key role in blood clotting and lack of sufficient quantities of these cells in the blood can increase the risk of bleeding.
The supplement is usually safe when taken as recommended by your doctor. It can be taken by people across all age groups, but talk to your doctor if you suffer from any chronic health conditions. If your symptoms fail to show improvement or if you experience any side effects, then do inform your doctor without fail. Keep it away from the reach of children and use it under medical supervision.
Eranda Karkati (carica papaya Lf.): 1100 mg
Key benefits/uses of Caripill tablet:
- Promotes digestion by aiding the breakdown of carbohydrates and fats
- Contains papain, an enzyme that helps in the digestion of proteins
- Improves the symptoms of acidity (dyspepsia)
- Aids in the treatment of chronic indigestion and bloating
- Improves platelet count, thereby helping in the treatment of dengue
Directions for use:
Take this supplement as advised by your doctor. Ideally, adults are advised to take 1 tablet thrice daily or as directed by a physician.
Quick tips for Caripill tablets:
- Along with the tablet, it is advised to have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
- Do not take these supplements if you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients present in it.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of Caripill Tablets:
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if your symptoms fail to show any improvement or if you experience any symptoms post taking this supplement, then inform your doctor.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
FAQs related to Caripill Tablets:
Q. How does Caripill work?
Caripill contains Carica papaya leaf extract which is used in thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) associated with dengue. It has been found to increase platelet production by increasing the activity of genes that are responsible for platelet production.
Q. Is Caripill good for dengue treatment?
Yes, Caripill is good for dengue as it helps in the improvement of platelet count which falls significantly in dengue. Symptoms of dengue include a severe headache, severe eye pain (behind eyes), joint pain, rashes on the skin, mild bleeding from the nose or gums. Caripill restores the normal platelet count, and thus, the symptoms of dengue start subsiding slowly over a period of time. Regular monitoring of platelet count is very important along with Caripill treatment.
Q. Does Caripill contain papaya extract?
Yes, Caripill contains papaya extract which makes it useful in the management of dengue as it helps in restoring platelet count which falls during dengue. However, to monitor whether the medicine is working well or not, regular monitoring of platelet count and blood cell count is very essential.
Q. For how long I need to take Caripill?
You can take Caripill until the platelet count reaches a normal level or until you become free from the symptoms of dengue. Keep monitoring your platelet count regularly and if you observe no change in platelet count, immediately consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take metformin with Caripill?
No, it is not advisable to take Caripill with metformin. Some studies have shown that co-administration may lead to very low blood glucose levels. So, it is better to avoid metformin when you are taking Caripill.
Q. Can I use Caripill for cancer?
No, Caripill is not indicated in the treatment of cancer. It is known to help in the treatment of dengue by restoring the platelet count, however, its role in cancer treatment is not well established.
Q. Can I take Caripill with paracetamol (PCM)?
Yes, you can take Caripill with paracetamol. Carica papaya in Caripill is useful in the management of dengue as it helps in restoring platelet count which falls during dengue. Whereas, paracetamol is an NSAID that reduces fever.
Q. Can I take Caripill for dengue fever?
No, Caripill is not used in dengue fever. Carica papaya in Caripill only works to restore platelet count which significantly falls during dengue. For fever associated with Dengue, please consult your doctor and take paracetamol.